Access Hillcrest Services
City of San Diego Parking Regulations
General Rules and Enforcement Regulations for parking in San Diego are located on the SanDiego.gov web site here:
For complete information on rules and regulations of parking in the City of San Diego, please refer to:
The following general provisions of law apply whether or not there are signs or curb markings present:
- No vehicle may be parked continuously at one location on any public roadway for more than 72 hours.
- Parking is prohibited in alleys, except for the purpose of actively unloading goods or passengers, unless the alley is specifically designated as an alley parking zone.
- Parking of heavy duty commercial vehicles is prohibited in residential areas, unless the vehicle is loading or unloading goods or has a service call in the immediate vicinity.
- Parking unattached semi-trailers or auxiliary dollies on any street is prohibited except while loading/unloading (camp or utility trailers not included).
- Parking is prohibited in an intersection or a crosswalk, within 15 feet of a fire station driveway or fire hydrant, in front of a public or private driveway, on a sidewalk or parkway, on the roadway side of a parked vehicle (double parking), in a bus stop, in a tunnel, upon a bridge (unless otherwise posted) or in such a manner that obstructs the free use of the street.
- Parking is prohibited in a center median strip, unless signs are posted permitting parking on the median.
- Parking is prohibited in front of a public or private driveway (even your own driveway).
- Wheel cramping is required on all grades over 3% (hills) with or without the presence of signs. Block your wheels diagonally against the curb by turning your wheels into the curb when facing downhill and out to the street when facing uphill.
- Be aware of signage when you park. Read all signs…they may include time frame restrictions and other parking guidelines.
- Street sweeping signs are posted in areas of the City where there is a routine. Parking is prohibited on the designated days for the entire time posted on the sign.